[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2.0 on ARM

Esteve ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 15:39:08 UTC 2017

I've crosscompiled ROS2.0 for the Raspberry Pi 2 & 3, and for the Odroid XU4, and as long you have a CMake toolchain, you should be set, just pass it to `ament` as a `--cmake-args` option (see https://github.com/esteve/ros2_java#android and https://github.com/esteve/ros2_objc#ios). I initially wrote my own toolchain for the Raspberry Pi (https://gist.github.com/esteve/a2955dc681c46ac9f8a9222adb239284), but I ended up using Polly (https://github.com/ruslo/polly), which I also use for crosscompiling ROS 2.0 for the iPhone. Polly is very well maintained and the author is very active.

@clalancette Polly does not have support for the Dragonboard out of the box, but it'd be a great addition. Ruslan (Polly's author) is very responsive and usually merges PR very quickly, I submitted a PR for adding support for iOS 10.1 and it was merged the very next day.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-0-on-arm/1413/10) or reply to this email to respond.