[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Add usb_cam to ROS Kinetic main repository

Maarten de Vries ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:38:16 UTC 2017

[quote="k-okada, post:4, topic:607"]
So for me,if the package is too important specially for beginner useres, then it will be located within in gap between users and current/potential maintainers, it is dead-locked. And I'm afraid we'll have this problem on every year 2016(Kinetic), 2017(Lunar), 2018(M). So question here is can we start thinking any way to solve this? Try to find a way that can help back to the correct path?
[/quote]

If you have the time, how would you feel about maintaining a fork of `usb_cam` and guide it into Kinetic? I think that would pretty much solve the problem.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/add-usb-cam-to-ros-kinetic-main-repository/607/5) or reply to this email to respond.