[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Downloading Dependencies

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 00:22:04 UTC 2017

[quote="geoffviola, post:3, topic:1489"]
I was thinking of a tool/script that takes a repository/package and builds a workspace around it.
[/quote]

There is no tool that automates so much of the process, but there is an issue on `rosinstall_generator` to add an option which would help you do it in a few commands:

https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rosinstall_generator/issues/25

Basically it would be like "I have some package(s) in this folder, and some things installed from binaries, please get me the list of things that are missing for me to build these package(s) I already have."

It would be a cool contribution to extend the tool in that direction :wink:.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/downloading-dependencies/1489/4) or reply to this email to respond.