[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] So many trailing underscores

Brannon King ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 15:40:24 UTC 2017

Can somebody explain to me the trailing underscore usage in the out-of-the-box IDL files? It shows at the end of "module dds_" and at the end of every struct name in the IDL. It also shows up at the end of every field in those structs. I believe this last usage can be traced to the Google coding standard, which says class fields need to use trailing underscores. While it's debatable whether the IDL specifies "fields" or "properties", I especially don't understand the first two usages, module and struct.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/so-many-trailing-underscores/1511/1) or reply to this email to respond.