[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Kyler Laird ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 00:52:22 UTC 2017

I added code to make turns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPI7f5kQRKo

I did all of my work in the "driver" script today.  I'd like to break out navigation into its own node but I needed to make quick progress today so I was concentrating on just making it work.

I think in terms of sequences:  raise the tool, throttle down, turn, wait, stabilize, drop tool, throttle up.  (The tractor easily does a better job than I would.  And I'm still tweaking it.)  I'm not programming it that way, though.  Instead, I'm setting the controls based on the current state.

1. If I am within 14 meters of the end line, increment the path offset and reverse the direction.
2. If I have a large steering correction to make, raise the tool, set the throttle low.
3. If I don't have a large steering correction to make, increment a counter so I know when I've stabilized.
4. If I've stabilized for a bit, drop the tool and set the throttle high.

If things go wrong, this all falls apart quickly, but for now it works.  I will need to do a lot of re-coding before it goes out on its own.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/2) or reply to this email to respond.