[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo Sync 2017-03-20

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 08:10:45 UTC 2017

We just passed the 2 week mark since the last Indigo sync. We'd like to get back into our usual cadence. Auditing the buildfarm I noticed a few jobs failing.

We're still seeing some instances of: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/pull/377 which I can get to turn over by manually changing the Dockerfile template for the run to pass. For example I just helped [pr2_gripper_action](http://build.ros.org/view/Ibin_uS32/job/Ibin_uS32__pr2_gripper_action__ubuntu_saucy_i386__binary/) pass which should allow a bunch of downstream packages to build.

Packages that need attention:

 - swri_console appears to have an issue with a rosdep key being missing on Saucy only: http://build.ros.org/view/Ibin_uS64/job/Ibin_uS64__swri_console__ubuntu_saucy_amd64__binary/150/console
 - motoman_driver appears to have regressed due to a new dependency on an undeclared package std_srvs: http://build.ros.org/view/Ibin_uS64/job/Ibin_uS64__motoman_driver__ubuntu_saucy_amd64__binary/8/consoleFull
 - tele_dir also appears to be missing a dependency for compiling: http://build.ros.org/view/Ibin_uT64/job/Ibin_uT64__tele_dir__ubuntu_trusty_amd64__binary/79/console

We will plan to sync in the middle of this week. We've been very conservative with regressions but it has slowed all other releases down. If the regressions remain low impact we will likely not block the sync if everything else is ready.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2017-03-20/1530/1) or reply to this email to respond.