[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 and DDS messaging

Gwinward ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:10:20 UTC 2017

I am trying to interface our ROS2 project with a third party that wants to communicate using DDS.  The third party is providing me with IDL files for the messages.  These IDL files include features like enums and inheritance that aren't supported in the ROS message format.  Is there an easy way to get the ROS2 system to build messages into a package directly from IDL, instead of having to start with .msg files?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-and-dds-messaging/1556/1) or reply to this email to respond.