[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] Anyone using roslaunch to load remote nodes?

Lars Larsen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:15:34 UTC 2017

Hi Alexis

I understand you,  but - there is NO compiling or installing on the target, all building must be handled by bitbake.
Just grabbing an other board is not an option either, the hardware is a  prerequisite, an Intel Atom PC-board MACHINE=genericx86.

I'm trying to work out an entire new framework for an existing product, and trying to employ ROS to gain some flexibility, I ran into this problem when experimenting with roslaunch off remote nodes.

It is roslaunch  that employ  pycrypto when  SSH'ing to the remote node, so I kind'a can't redo that part.

I hope there is  a combination of  git commits  that works, or am I stepping in to uncharted land here ? ( I doubt it though !)
-L
PS: as a side note: Using roslaunch with local nodes works like a dream, so maybe I should just drop the  idea of remote launches ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/anyone-using-roslaunch-to-load-remote-nodes/1564/5) or reply to this email to respond.