[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Async executor in ROS2

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 23:10:46 UTC 2017

No, we don't have that atm. You can have it use multiple threads with the `MultiThreadedExecutor`, but we don't have an async one. Partly because we haven't needed it, and partly because C++'s `std::thread` and `std::async` are now available and could easily wrap either the `SingleThreadedExecutor` or the `MultiThreadedExecutor`. For example we use `std::thread` in a similar situation here in one of our tests:

https://github.com/ros2/system_tests/blob/c0b9c39f9d722030e6d7bb511a07e428b727d8c1/test_rclcpp/test/test_executor.cpp#L118-L126

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/async-executor-in-ros2/1575/2) or reply to this email to respond.