[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Kyler Laird ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 00:46:35 UTC 2017

Thank you for the recommendations, tfoote.

I intend for the loader to be in a fixed position during operation (such that the antennas are pointing straight up).  I did think about putting the antennas on the extrusion but I want the increased precision of having them farther forward, plus it gets them away from the cameras and antennas I'll have on the extrusion.  The grill guard wobbles a lot and does not offer the spread I need.  (It will also be shadowed when the loader is lifted.  I'll have a fertilizer tank up front.)

I only use GPS - no odometry or IMU.  That's part of the problem I bump into whenever I try to use ROS tools instead of the code I've written.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/10) or reply to this email to respond.