[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Experiences with Distributed ROS

Kye Morton ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 1 15:17:09 UTC 2017

I am curious to know of any experience people have had running distributed ROS in all shapes and sizes. Have you worked with any of the following solutions (or anything else?), and how did it go? What thoughts or advice can you share?
 - Static ethernet network with some kind of switch
 - Dynamic ethernet network with some kind of router
 - WiFi and ethernet through a router
 - WiFi-Only network with a common base station / access point
 - WiFi Ad-Hoc network
 - Some kind of mixture of anything else?

As for my personal interest, I have been doing some work with distributed ROS and UAV, and while it is all going well on the ground side, I'm having some severe spikes in latency going through a cheaper wireless router. I'm specifically interested if anyone has any ideas about reliable low-latency wireless links that are easy to interface with ROS.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/experiences-with-distributed-ros/1768/1) or reply to this email to respond.