[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROSCon 2017: Call for proposals
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 1 22:58:35 UTC 2017
Were excited to announce that we are now accepting presentation proposals for [ROSCon 2017](http://roscon.ros.org/2017)!
* Proposal submission deadline: June 25th, 2017
* [Submission site](http://roscon.ros.org/review)
* [Call for proposals](http://roscon.ros.org/2017/#call-for-proposals)
Presentations on all topics related to ROS are invited. Examples include introducing attendees to a ROS package or library, exploring how to use tools, manipulating sensor data, and applications for robots.
Women, members of minority groups, and members of other under-represented groups are encouraged to submit presentation proposals to ROSCon.
Proposals will be reviewed by a program committee that will evaluate fit, impact, and balance.
We cannot offer presentations that are not proposed! If there is a topic on which you would like to present, please propose it. If you have an idea for an important topic that you do not want to present yourself, please post it for discussion at ROS Discourse.
All ROS-related work is invited. Topics of interest include:
* Best practices
* New packages
* Robot-specific development
* Robot simulation
* Safety and security
* Embedded systems
* Product development & commercialization
* Research and education
* Enterprise deployment
* Community organization and direction
* Testing, quality, and documentation
* Robotics competitions and collaborations
To get an idea of the content and tone of ROSCon, check out the slides and videos from [last year](http://roscon.ros.org/2016/#program).
A session proposal must include:
* Presenter (name and affiliation)
* Recommended duration: Short (~20 minutes) or Long (~40 minutes)
* Summary [maximum 100 words]: to be used in advertising the presentation
* Description [maximum 1000 words]: outline, goals (what will the audience learn?), pointers to packages to be discussed
Please be sure to include in your proposal enough information for the program committee to evaluate the importance and impact of your presentation. Links to publicly available resources, including code repositories and demonstration videos, are especially helpful.
Submit your proposal at the [submissions site](http://roscon.ros.org/review) by June 25, 2017.
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/roscon-2017-call-for-proposals/1775/1) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users