[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Experiences with Distributed ROS

Qnetjoe ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue May 2 02:38:07 UTC 2017

So I have worked with some rather large distributed systems and best practices are rather hard to say without understanding your topology.

I have had the best success with routed architecture. Each node master then uses a static packet structure to communicate to the higher level controller (mainly due to the radio link).

Your spikes are more than likely caused by the inefficiencies of your packet size vs your radio's frame size. For a test run iperf across your radio link at different packets size. You should be able to see what that most efficient packet sizes are.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/experiences-with-distributed-ros/1768/3) or reply to this email to respond.