[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Lunar Loggerhead Beta has begun

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:35:29 UTC 2017

Dear ROS users,

The beta for Lunar has begun!

Thanks to all of our contributors and maintainers who made this possible.

ros-lunar-desktop-full is available on Ubuntu Zesty (17.04), Yakkety (16.10), Xenial (16.04) and Debian Stretch. So take a moment to be an upstanding member of the ROS community
and:

- sudo apt-get install ros-lunar-desktop-full
- Try testing out packages you regularly use that are available in the beta.
- Report any bugs you find on the issue tracker for the package (usually
available on the packge for a package on wiki.ros.org).
- Try out documentation, tutorials, and generated documentation and fix
issues on the Wiki.
- If you are a package maintainer, continue releasing packages, fixing
issues wherever possible, and checking your package documentation. The
Lunar beta is the best time to change API or change the behavior of your
code, but don't forget to update the Migration page if you do:
http://wiki.ros.org/lunar/Migration
To know if your package can be released see the [blocked_releases status page](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/blocked_releases_lunar.html?s=6&r=1)

May 23rd, World Turtle Day, is still our official release date for ROS
Lunar and we are on track to meeting it! So mark it down into your
calendar, and if you're a maintainer, plan to finish your releases before
then to leave some breathing room.

Known discrepancy amongst platforms:
- octovis is not available on armhf as in previous ROS Distributions
Everything other package is available on all architectures/platforms targeted by [REP3](http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0003.html#lunar-loggerhead-may-2017-may-2019)!

For a more comprehensive view of the current status of Lunar, including
packages outside of desktop-full that are available in the beta, see the
status pages on repositories.ros.org:

http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_lunar_default.html
http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_lunar_ds.html
http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_lunar_dsv8.html