[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Sumo ROS Gazebo Simulation

Forth Temple ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri May 5 05:17:45 UTC 2017

I've created a Gazebo simulation of the Parrot Jumping Sumo attempting to make it match a real sumo. The project is on github at:

https://github.com/forthtemple/rossumo-gazebo

This is a side by side video of movements of a real sumo being recorded with ROSBAG and then being fed into the Gazebo simulation on the right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5opPQ47Y-WE

My goal of creating the simulation is to use reinforcement learning to teach a sumo to do things like climb stairs in Gazebo (similar to reinforcement learning in https://github.com/erlerobot/gym-gazebo with a turtlebot) and then apply it to a real Sumo and hopefully get a real sumo climbing stairs. Unfortunately my jumping mechanism on the Sumo stopped working so will have to teach the sumo to do something other than climb stairs.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/sumo-ros-gazebo-simulation/1802/1) or reply to this email to respond.