[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Releasing repositories form "other" people

Maarten de Vries ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 8 08:07:21 UTC 2017

[quote="gbiggs, post:4, topic:1797"]
I think the Debian policy and procedure sounds good. It requires a bit of infrastructure work, but nothing too burdensome. It relies on having a known "QA group" but I feel that the OSRF could fill this role.
[/quote]

That can only work if there is a team of people (possibly in OSRF) willing to take on that task. I can imagine most people have enough work on their own without picking up abandoned packages. Of course, if there are people willing and capable of doing it, awesome.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/releasing-repositories-form-other-people/1797/5) or reply to this email to respond.