[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Releasing repositories form "other" people

Daniel Stonier ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:47:57 UTC 2017

I also think a QA group is high overhead. Bloom already has the specification of `unmaintained` for a package's status ([REP 137 - Release File](http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0137.html#release-file)).  I think it would make more practical sense to advertise use of that and perhaps get the build farm status pages (e.g. [kinetic](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_kinetic_default.html)) to highlight and add a quick filter for them.

As for Dirk's original question - I don't like the bit-rotted maintainer tag problem we currently have but I concur with Martin's point - often the maintainer can't push to ensure that flag is correct. A maintainer could/often will be releasing from a fork though, however that is still tedious repeatedly updating the maintainer tag everytime upstream is merged. I tentatively thought it might make more sense to have this information in bloom (just as the status is), but I do find it useful having maintainer flags around even for non-bloomed packages. I could live with that loss though.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/releasing-repositories-form-other-people/1797/9) or reply to this email to respond.