[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] NuSpatial - Robotics Software Engineer - Huntsville, AL, USA

Michael Carroll ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue May 9 13:39:10 UTC 2017

**JOB TITLE:** Robotics Software Engineer
**LOCATION:** Huntsville, Alabama

**Travel:** Occasional
**US Citizenship Required:** Yes
**Security Clearance Required:** No
**Education:** BS degree(MS preferred) in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.

**To Apply:** Please e-mail cover letter and resume to **careers at nuspatial.com**
(NuSpatial does not use recruiters or pay recruiter fees.)

NuSpatial is a team of engineers, designers, and construction professionals working together to transform real places into digital spaces. NuSpatial uses its own patent pending mobile platform to speed up on-site data collection and processing so as-built and other plans can be delivered quicker than ever.

NuSpatial is a full-service company. We manage the entire process, from scanning to drafting of final architectural drawings. We can collect measurement data as quickly as it take to walk through the space. No initial setup is needed, and the site can remain fully occupied. With minimal time on site, we then take the data back to the office so our designers can transform it into BIM and deliver workable formats (e.g., pdf, .dwg, .rvt) to you in a short timeframe.

NuSpatial is seeking an experienced software engineer(s) to improve on our current platforms and build out our next generation of platforms.

## Responsibilities
* Focus on developing sensing, mapping, and navigation systems based on laser, LIDAR, 3DTime-of-Flight, stereo and monocular cameras, and inertial sensors.
* Develop algorithms to extract geo-spatial detail from point cloud and video imagery.
* Good at explaining, good at thinking out loud, difficult to frustrate, and fun to work with.
* Participate in camera, laser, and other non-contact sensor selection based on vision, localization, and mapping algorithm requirements.
* Prototype and iterate on new algorithmic concepts quickly.
* Create development environment tools and QA processes to measure and ensure algorithmic results are accurate and our engineering efforts are productive.
* Self-driven engineer that does not require constant supervision, but respects and listens to others with complementary experience and knowledge.

## Skills/Experience Required:

* 2-5 Years of software development (or 0-6 w/ MS)
* Experience in any of:
  * robotics
  * computer vision
  * point cloud processing
  * machine learning
  * object detection & tracking
  * sensor fusion
* Native and cross development level fluency in C/C++, especially in a Linux environment
* Experience in developing real-time systems and proficiency in Linux concepts
* Use of Boost, OpenCV, Eigen, CMake and git
* Experience developing and integrating distributed or embedded systems
* Familiar with various communications protocols and format such as Serial, USB, Ethernet
* Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)

## Skills/Experience Desired:

* Developing with Python, Java, and MATLAB
* Familiar with wireless communications protocols: Zigbee and Bluetooth
* GPGPU using OpenGL, OpenCL or CUDA
* Autodesk Revit and Inventor or other open source CAD tools

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/nuspatial-robotics-software-engineer-huntsville-al-usa/1816/1) or reply to this email to respond.