[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] From ROS prototype to production on Ubuntu Core

Jacob Perron ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:13:01 UTC 2017

The use case I have in mind involves:

* working in a small team (dev team having access to in-house snaps)
* installing in-house snaps on robots at the factory floor (ie. snaps not accessible public unless authorized)
* deployed robots can received updates automatically (no end-user interaction required)

Perhaps something along the lines of your first two points would work for such a use case? Or, depending on cost, the brand store or commercial version (same thing?) installed locally may be a preferred solution.

When I get some more time to play around with snaps, I'm sure things will become more clear to me :smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/from-ros-prototype-to-production-on-ubuntu-core/1612/14) or reply to this email to respond.