[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Kyler Laird ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri May 19 01:47:47 UTC 2017

I like boring robots.  Tractobot03 is approaching that stage.  Here is a boring video of it planting:
https://youtu.be/yccOilS22fo

Tractobot03 has planted 122A this week.  I have not driven it locally for any planting.  It was painfully slow and tedious for a couple days.  I had to enter each line into my code, ensuring that it went the correct way, start following the line, drop the planter, and start the fertilizer.  Then I had to raise the planter, stop the fertilizer, turn, then load a new line.

Today felt much better.  It's running pretty much on its own.  I even ran home once while it traveled from the far end of the field.  The main problem now is that I lose GPS periodically.  At least I have it programmed to stop when that happens.  Then I back up and resume.

Because of the pressure to plant, I fell back on my old navigation code.  My lines are not at all straight.  I'm calling them "heritage lines" - like my grandfather planted.  I look forward to improving them.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/62) or reply to this email to respond.