[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Software Developer - Autonomy (SLAM)

Lisa Marino ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue May 23 17:23:46 UTC 2017

We are currently designing the next generation cleaning robots that will take over the cleaning industry!

Our robots make maps of a wide variety of indoor spaces, including malls, grocery stores, colleges, hospitals, airports, etc., using lasers and cameras.  Using these maps, our robots plan optimal paths to cover the floor space as quickly and completely as possible.

We are looking for an autonomy engineer to improve our localization and mapping software.

You are well versed in the state-of-the-art SLAM algorithms and have practical experience with SLAM in mobile robotics (both laser-based and camera-based algorithms). You understand sensor and vehicle models very well as well as have a deep understanding of state estimation algorithms.

You are familiar with localization techniques using lasers in changing environments.  You understand the localization and mapping challenges faced with operating robots in semi-dynamic to dynamic environments over years of operation.

You will be working alongside an experienced team of robotics veterans and programmers to support you along the way.

Main Tasks:

Maintain and expand current localization and mapping algorithms (laser-based)
Evaluate and integrate new SLAM algorithms (laser and vision based)
General software development tasks as necessary
Main Requirements:

Graduate degree in computer science, robotics or equivalent with a thesis in SLAM (laser or vision)
Strong background in SLAM (laser or vision) both theoretical and practical
Strong working knowledge of open-source libraries such as OpenCV, ROS, PCL, etc.
Strong software development skills (C++ preferred, Python bonus)
Experience in researching techniques in MATLAB
Medium-Strong skill with Linux-based operating systems (more than CLI)
Driven individual, passionate about robotics, self-starter
Bonus:

Have built/designed and brought robots to life before
Have completed field trials and practical experience with SLAM and state estimation
Experience with software testing/continuous integration
Worked with large datasets for testing and validation
Enjoy working in a small team with big dreams
Funny histories of failed projects
Apply for this position
http://avidbots.com/careers/#op-183257-software-developer-autonomy-slam-

---