[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Autonomous map generation

Lewis Liu ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed May 24 07:21:53 UTC 2017

Hi, there,

I am going to request to generate a package, as a place storing implemented code about autonomous map generation. And I hope the package would be helpful to guys who want robot to fulfill SLAM process and automatically create mapping data.

We didn't use frontier_exploration package. Rather than interoperating in RVIZ or gazebo interface during SLAM process, we tried to find a more convinient way.

We tested the code on Turtlebot2 with gmapping and cartographer algorithms.

Please let me know if there is already a similar package or if I violate some rules here.

Thanks

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/autonomous-map-generation/1871/1) or reply to this email to respond.