[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] REP3 proposal for Melodic Morenia

Chris ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:10:41 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,
ROS Melodic promises to be a big release.  Because of that, we're starting the process for the release a bit early this time.

A proposal for the minimum requirements and targeted architectures (aka REP3) is available [here](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/139).  This release will potentially have some larger changes in it (move to OpenCV 3.4, the use of C++11 and newer in public APIs, etc).  We welcome feedback on that draft proposal from developers, maintainers, and any other interested parties.

Your friendly ROS release team

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rep3-proposal-for-melodic-morenia/3087/1) or reply to this email to respond.