[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Building a Tensorflow Object Detection and Localization ROS Package

Drew Brown ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:09:55 UTC 2017

Hey guys, longtime lurker, first time, you know.

I've been working on a project that involves custom building object D&L models and using them to find things in high-res streaming video. I have the model trainer pipeline done, and am building out the actual detection code using ROS (close to done). I'd like to turn this into a package for the community once it's done, but one thing I'm not clear on is dependency management. Tensorflow is in rapid development, and some of its dependencies may break other dependencies (numpy, etc.). Also, it's not a simple apt-get to install Tensorflow if you don't have CuDNN etc. installed first. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to manage these dependencies for a package?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/building-a-tensorflow-object-detection-and-localization-ros-package/3103/1) or reply to this email to respond.