[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] OpenR2 ROS

Robert Jackson ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 04:16:44 UTC 2017

I've started a full ROS project for the true automation of an R2-D2 unit.
We've purchased a licensed replica from Side Show but I want to hack it into a full functional screen accurate robot.
We have a complete set of 1:1 scale blueprints from the original film production.
We also have purchased and laser-scanned an original dome, radar eye, and holoprojectors.
Through Q4 we will be creating accurate mesh files for use in simulation in RVIZ and Gazebo.

![00|666x500](upload://owRX2AXdIxf6NRTNMZJ16K5uAgJ.jpg)

![Capture03|645x500](upload://4tR1xexAc8C3tfUtJSRdEhvuTP7.jpg)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/openr2-ros/3117/1) or reply to this email to respond.