[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Error using python3 nodes on ARM64 & CoreDX

Brannon King ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 01:03:43 UTC 2017

Wow, Dirk. Kudos! That's good support. I thought no one would work through those steps. I worked on this issue a little more today. First, I discovered that I don't get the error when I compile rosidl_interfaces in debug mode. When in release mode, it is crashing in this line `std::istringstream ss(value)` from the `split` method in type_support_dispatch.cpp (the c one, not the cpp one). It must be a bug in whatever local version of the standard library I'm running. Is it glibc that I would check the version on? I'm out of time for the day, but I will try a different split implementation tomorrow.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/error-using-python3-nodes-on-arm64-coredx/3057/10) or reply to this email to respond.