[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Trinibot - a tiny desktop research robot based on ROS

Jay Newman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 02:47:00 UTC 2017

You're welcome. I tend to buy odd sensors from Sparkfun or Adafruit.
Sparkfun has a "standard" that can be used for I2C sensors. However,
since most of the sensors that I use have their own quirks I mostly just
wire things myself. Most of them use either 5v or 3.3v. Adafruit is
usually better at supporting a wider range of voltages by putting
voltage regulation on the sensor boards.

I use these companies so that I can avoid having to deal with very small
surface-mount components and have access to some components that would
be difficult to get or use. Plus I'm better at software than hardware. :)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/trinibot-a-tiny-desktop-research-robot-based-on-ros/3177/7) or reply to this email to respond.