[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Why don't we use ROS?

Walter Lucetti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 13:30:52 UTC 2017

Well, I agree with you, ROS is not done for microcontrollers (waiting for ROS2...), but low level modules normally have their own firmware and a "simple" communication protocol easily "translatable" to a standard ROS topic. I think that you can agree with me if I say that it is easier to write a node as a device driver if you have a standard way to interface it to the rest of the robot framework.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/why-dont-we-use-ros/3161/24) or reply to this email to respond.