[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Rosservice_echo.py a wannabe tool to imitate rostopic echo with services

Sam Pfeiffer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 21:21:02 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

Trying to make the best use of my jetlag I was playing around and made:

[rosservice_echo](https://github.com/uts-magic-lab/rosservice_echo)

As the README says:

> Just like rostopic echo /your_topic but with services.
>
> Well, similarly.
>
> You need to run it as root from a machine that is either doing the service calls or exposing the server. That's because it internally uses scapy to sniff network packets.

It looks something like:

    rosrun rosservice_echo rosservice_echo.py /rosout/get_loggers
    [roscpp/GetLoggersRequest]:

    [roscpp/GetLoggersResponse]:
    loggers:
      -