[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] New version of meta-ros for kinetic distribution

Lukas Bulwahn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:00:17 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Besides the more commonly tested and maintained (one could say _officially supported_)  master branch of meta-ros for the ROS indigo distribution on https://github.com/bmwcarit/meta-ros, I keep an experimental local branch for the kinetic distribution. I have rebased it to the current master, updated and adjusted the recipes to get most recipes working again.

It is now published on my local github repository at:

    https://github.com/bulwahn/meta-ros/tree/kinetic-experimental-v3-alpha1

I have tested to build it, and currently, most packages build without issues. The packages that fail on kinetic are tracked in the meta-ros issue tracker.

Feel free to use it if you like to work with the kinetic distribution.

However, please remember that this is an experimental local branch:
First, do not expect that this branch has been tested with many different build configurations, so possibly, your build configuration could cause build failure we are unaware of. Second, this branch is work in progress, and hence, the commits of this branch will be rebased and modified, and the git history will change in a non-monotonic way in the future.
Nevertheless, go ahead and try this branch and report issues if you encounter them.

I already plan to merge this kinetic branch (or a branch that has evolved from this one) into the main repository, and maintain two branches for indigo and kinetic. Before I do this, there are still a few open topics that I would like to have working on in the current master branch of meta-ros before we split the meta-ros repository is two branches.

Best regards,

Lukas

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-version-of-meta-ros-for-kinetic-distribution/2833/1) or reply to this email to respond.