[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Design By Contract

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 07:58:30 UTC 2017

[quote="asmodehn, post:23, topic:2405"]
But these days I am thinking we need something more like a ROS Simian Army :

* some package that randomly kill and restart nodes, probably based on launch files
* some package that randomly sends messages around, like a ros-hypothesis that would generate any valid message based on a ROS definition, to test your nodes against. I have already implemented most of this one, as part of other projects, but I still need to make it a package on its own, whenever I get the time and motivation
* probably a few more
[/quote]

Wow, a ros-hypotesis could be very powerful and effective. I knew about property based testing (e.g. [RapidCheck](https://github.com/emil-e/rapidcheck) for C++) but did not think about to adapt it to ROS so far. Creating a framework for property based ROS node testing could be a hard task I guess. What use cases are you thinking about exactly? I would love to contribute to it :blush:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/design-by-contract/2405/28) or reply to this email to respond.