[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Pushing ROS to get standardized - ROSCon 2017 Lightning Talk

Irati Zamalloa ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:07:42 UTC 2017

Hi Roser,

[quote="Roser, post:4, topic:2812"]
Im curious that what the Information Model will really standardize
[/quote]
The Information Model standardizes logical middleware interfaces between components (or we try to!). We are working on creating a modular interface assigning at least a basic message that covers the main objective of the device. For the other characteristics we use optional messages, so the user wil be able to work with the 100% of possibilities that the component offers.

[quote="Roser, post:4, topic:2812"]
how to apply that to address gap among various robotics h/w components ?
[/quote]
We do this through H-ROS. [H-ROS](http://www.h-ros.com) is the infrastructure for creating interoperable hardware and all that this entails, where, the Information Model is part of the infrastructure.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/pushing-ros-to-get-standardized-roscon-2017-lightning-talk/2812/5) or reply to this email to respond.