[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] [notice] Removal of Arial in rviz caused breaking changes

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 15:26:24 UTC 2017

I don't have any update on this. The change has to be made in moveit and it has to be released. In a different situation I would revert the change to rviz until the bug could be fixed, but since it has to do with licensing of the font itself, I don't feel that's an appropriate action to take right now.

The only information I have not in the original post is that the issue was not that the plugins were not reusing rviz code, but it was that, in the case of the moveit plugin, they were using Arial directly with various Qt widgets without providing the font itself or depending on it. This problem was hidden up by the fact that rviz was distributing the font and registering it into the system when running.

I'm not aware of a workaround at this time.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/notice-removal-of-arial-in-rviz-caused-breaking-changes/2791/3) or reply to this email to respond.