[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] [notice] Removal of Arial in rviz caused breaking changes

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:07:47 UTC 2017

[quote="fatihirim, post:4, topic:2791"]
Well it is really unpleasant to be stuck with a font issue while trying to run RViz.
[/quote]

To be clear for others reading this, running rviz works fine, it's only when using the moveit plugin for rviz that you run into the issue now.

[quote="fatihirim, post:4, topic:2791"]
I would really appreciate a quick and dirty solution temporarily.
[/quote]

If you're willing to compile the moveit rviz plugin from source, I believe you could install `fonts-liberation` from `apt` and find-replace all instances of `Arial` with `Liberation Sans` in the moveit rviz plugin, as described here:

https://github.com/ros-planning/moveit/issues/624#issuecomment-336178171

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/notice-removal-of-arial-in-rviz-caused-breaking-changes/2791/5) or reply to this email to respond.