[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Restricting communication between robots

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:44:12 UTC 2017

A DDS person would tell you to use partitions, probably. For us, since we're currently using DDS partitions in our implementation and don't expose them through the ROS 2 api, I would advise you to just use ROS namespaces. We're planning on having more sophisticated at runtime and during runtime topic manipulation to help with this.

I gained a lot of insight on what would be needed to deal with situations like this when working on the [capabilities](https://github.com/osrf/capabilities) package as part of the rocon project. I think with some more options to configure the namespaces (remapping and aliasing) it will be a more tractable problem, but we don't have those features yet.

A stronger separation would be to have different domains and have some bridges to expose parts of one domain to another.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/restricting-communication-between-robots/2931/7) or reply to this email to respond.