[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] ROS Lunar clearly not compatable with Ubuntu 16.04

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:32:43 UTC 2017

I'm sorry to hear that are experiencing these problems.

It's going to be only anecdotal, but I've been using your exact combination of versions for some time now and have not experienced the issue you are reporting. That doesn't mean that you are not, or that there is not an issue, but I just wanted to mention that it can work.

Also know that typical ROS installations in my experience do not include anything that touches system(d) configuration in the way that seems to have happened for you, so this is definitely not normal.

[quote="jbreija, post:1, topic:2550, full:true"]
I've lost all my work...
[/quote]

And I just wanted to mention that even if your system won't boot, all your files *should* still be there.

Booting from a LiveUSB stick should allow you to recover all your files - you could potentially even copy your entire home directory.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-lunar-clearly-not-compatable-with-ubuntu-16-04/2550/4) or reply to this email to respond.