[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Intel Euclid iRobot Explorer

Ilia Baranov ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 20:04:19 UTC 2017

The thing missing from your list is the ability to power the Euclid from the base.

The Create2 base (or Roomba for that matter) do not provide 5V power out, much less at 3A needed by the Euclid.
You can run on the Euclid battery power, but then your runtime is fairly low.

One thing we are including in our build is a custom interface board, with microcontroller and regulated power supplies.

Cheers!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/intel-euclid-irobot-explorer/2569/2) or reply to this email to respond.