[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Introducing the OpenManipulator

Taehoon Lim(Darby) ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 10:16:15 UTC 2017

Hi guys :slight_smile:

Anyone who has studied robotics and does not know about PUMA 560?
The D-H parameter of the PUMA 560 with a total of six joints was one of the common problems in robotics exam. (Even now..?)

But how many people have coded it and actually operated the manipulator?
Actually, I did not.

So, I made manipulator for them who want to code and operate easily.
OpenManipulator is compatible Dynamixel X series. It can be assembled as a 3d printing part which is uploaded in OnShape. So you can just buy Dynamixel that outputs the torque you want and print link that modify the length you want.

Furthermore, it is ROS-Enabled and compatible with Arduino. You can operate it using MoveIt! as well.
If you have not platform on your desk, then load it your monitor using Gazebo and Processing!!

Do you want to make your own manipulator on your desk?
Just Buy Dynamixel and Printing Some Parts.

If you would like to get more about OpenManipulator, please come our presentation and ROBOTIS booth in ROSCON 2017.

Time : 17:40, September 21nd, ROSCON 2017
Presenter(s) : Darby Taehoon Lim, Yoonseok Pyo, and Leon Ryuwoon Jung (ROBOTIS)
Title : Introducing OpenManipulator; the full open robot platform

Abstract :
This announcement will talk about an OpenManipulator, one of TurtleBot3 Friends. The previous TurtleBot series was able to perform the manipulation function through TurtleBot Arm. In TurtleBot3, the function will be OpenManipulator. ROS-enabled OpenManipulator is a full open robot platform consisting of OpenSoftware, OpenHardware and OpenCR(Embedded board). It is expected that ROS users will be able to upgrade TurtleBot3 with ease. Our goal is to support most of the functionality we need as a service, academic, research and educational robot platform through TurtleBot 3 and OpenManipulator.

Github : https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/open_manipulator
OnShape : https://goo.gl/NsqJMu
WIKI : https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/open_manipulator/wiki

https://youtu.be/B2pnXtooKOg