[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Array parameters

Tom Moore ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:20:47 UTC 2017

The [parameter design wiki page](http://design.ros2.org/articles/ros_parameters.html) says this about parameters comprising arrays of primitives:

> Support for arrays of primatives
> During the API discussions supporting arrays of primatives was discussed and deferred. Adding support for arrays in the interface is relatively straight forward. It slightly increases the complexity of the API for users, but can support several use cases. A use case for arrays of numbers is expressing a matrix or vector, addressing each position in a matrix by some sort of row-column naming scheme can get very cumbersome.

Two questions:

1. Are there any plans to implement this? I'd like to port a package to ROS2, but it requires the ability to specify parameters in vector/matrix format.
2. If there aren't any plans, are there specific objections to a contribution to enable this functionality?

Apologies if I'm missing something and this is already supported.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/array-parameters/2607/1) or reply to this email to respond.