[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Did kinetic support novatel gps

P. J. Reed ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 15:50:04 UTC 2017

I haven't tested the driver with an OEM718D, but I think it should work.  Make sure you set the `polling_period` param correctly; I believe the default is `0.05`, but if your GPS is running at 5 Hz, then it should be `0.20`.

Actually, I think there may be a bug that causes the "insufficient data rate" warning to be logged if your GPS produces GPGGA logs at a rate less than 20 Hz, even if your `polling_period` is configured differently.  I'll look into that.  If it is working properly, you should see it publish `gps_common/GPSFix` messages on the `gps` topic at your expected rate.

As for your other problem, are you sure you sourced ROS's setup.bash in the same terminal you ran `rosecho` in after you installed the packages?  I tested it on a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 / ROS Jade system, and running `rosmsg show novatel_gps_msgs/NovatelPosition` worked for me.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/did-kinetic-support-novatel-gps/2567/11) or reply to this email to respond.