[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Moveit and ROS-I Migration

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:14:14 UTC 2017

Seeing MoveIt and descartes mentioned I'm guessing the application is going to involve motion control of an industrial robot.

All ROS-I drivers use action interfaces for interaction with clients. As there is no support for that in ROS2, you would either have to keep the code that interacts with the driver on the ROS1 side, or perhaps (but I'm not sure about this) do some manual publishing & tracking of the underlying messages.

Descartes itself is almost completely agnostic of the middleware. IIRC, it only uses `JointState` msgs in one of the examples so those can be submitted to the action servers in the drivers.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/moveit-and-ros-i-migration/2608/3) or reply to this email to respond.