[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 support: ROS Answers?

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 08:30:28 UTC 2017

I've recently started seeing some more questions about ROS2 appear on ROS Answers.

What is the current recommendation / convention / decision on where support questions for ROS 2 are to be posted? Is it this Discourse category? The [ros2/ros2/issue tracker](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/issues)?

While ROS 2 is ROS, it's not ROS 1, and it's sufficiently different to perhaps not mix the two on one forum. One of the complaints about ROS Answers is that it's difficult for newcomers to find relevant Q&As and if/when they do, to figure out whether an (accepted) answer is still relevant or not.

I can imagine that with Q&As for ROS 2 and ROS 1 showing up in the same listing this is only going to get worse, so perhaps we should discourage the use of ROS Answers for ROS 2 questions?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-support-ros-answers/2620/1) or reply to this email to respond.