[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Cannot run executable and lib using ros2 run after building using ament

Arunava Nag ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 06:14:30 UTC 2017

Also, I realized when I run my executable like `ros2 run testpackage test_node` ... and then do `ros2 node list.` It shows me the right name. However, when I exit my program (Ctrl+C) I still happen to find my `ros2 node` if I do a `ros2 node list`. The instance continues to be there which is sometimes also seen in ROS 1 if a large number of nodes are running however not for just one node.

Another point is my topic names. Even after exiting my running executable `ros2 topic list` still, shows the topic names. I changed the topic names in my program and built it again and ran it, however, the topic names weren't changed or I don't know if it's the old instance running. Regardless of that, I tried killing the node by `ros2 node kill --all` however seems like that is not the command to kill anymore.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/cannot-run-executable-and-lib-using-ros2-run-after-building-using-ament/2640/4) or reply to this email to respond.