[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Unable to publish from command line

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 05:33:59 UTC 2017

[quote="arunava_nag, post:8, topic:2640"]
however I totally did not give the space between data: and Hello.
[/quote]

Ah yeah the space is not obvious given that the help message wraps the line just after the `:`. That tricked me recently as well. The error message has been [improved recently](https://github.com/ros2/ros2cli/pull/48) to make it clearer that a YAML dictionary is expected.

[quote="arunava_nag, post:9, topic:2640, full:true"]
Just a quick question, do we create metapackages in ament ros2 the same way as in ros1?
[/quote]

This has been [brought up recently](https://github.com/ros2/common_interfaces/pull/41) but it hasn't been decided yet if metapackages should exist as ament packages or if they should be stored in a central place given that they are for producing binaries only and should not be used as dependencies

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/unable-to-publish-from-command-line/2640/10) or reply to this email to respond.