[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] User defined Fast-RTPS parameter control

Dirk Thomas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 17:19:07 UTC 2017

The DDS API itself is pretty complex due to all these capabilities. The RMW API intentionally doesn't expose each and every possible option since that would likely overload many users. E.g. currently the interface doesn't expose anything about the discovery. So any implementation (which could even be not DDS-based) can easily implement the interface. So for adding more and more options it kind of depends how we balance this. I would recommend opening a ticket for your ideas / use cases and propose specific enhancements. That allows for early feedback before spending too much time on the actual implementation.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/user-defined-fast-rtps-parameter-control/2719/4) or reply to this email to respond.