[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] OSS DDS implementation for embedded systems?

Morgan Quigley ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 21:34:33 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I would suggest getting in touch with the folks at eProsima (such as @Jaime_Martin_Losa) , who are working on a [free implementation of DDS-XRCE](http://www.eprosima.com/index.php/products-all/r-d-projects/eprosima-nano-rtps).

I think the XRCE approach has a better long-term path than trying to cram a "full" RTPS implementation onto microcontrollers. For example, XRCE defines much smaller headers than "classic" RTPS, with structures that are also simpler/faster to parse. The whole thing is designed with small systems in mind.

Cheers,
Morgan

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/oss-dds-implementation-for-embedded-systems/2748/2) or reply to this email to respond.