[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Joint Torque Control for Universal Robot

Ahmad Ataka ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:51:39 UTC 2017

Hi All.

I'm wondering is there anybody who has tried to do a joint torque control (i.e. effort_controllers of the ros_control package) for the Universal Robot? I believe I could implement the controller for the robot's model in Gazebo. However, I'm not sure how to combine the real robot with the ros_control package. I tried to find the solution online, however, most of the sources deal only with the trajectory controller via MoveIt.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Ataka

---