[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Quality guide for ROS2

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 10:38:40 UTC 2018

[quote="wasowski, post:4, topic:3926, full:true"]
Thanks, certainly a useful effort. I am reading through this.  I think the goal appears somewhat similar to http://wiki.ros.org/Quality (which is a project we are starting to work on). A number of thoughts/questions.
[/quote]

Thanks. My intent for a ROS2 specific quality guide was to start something which is from a technical point of view specific to ROS2. I also wanted to avoid to create a second ROSIN quality hub website with a lot of background information because it could prevent potential readers (especially developers!) from reading more than the first view lines until they realize "there's nothing technical in there which I am interested in... I better watch out for some tutorials".

[quote="wasowski, post:4, topic:3926, full:true"]
It is not clear (yet) for me how ROS2 wiki will be organized (is it going to live on github?).
[/quote]

I don't know as well. I placed it there because it was most reasonable for me back then when I started to add the patterns. However from a contribution/maintenance point of view [a github wiki is not the ideal tool to work with](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/issues/446) (not straight-forward to add images/diagrams, etc.).

[quote="wasowski, post:4, topic:3926, full:true"]
Perhaps https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Quality-Guide and http://wiki.ros.org/Quality should be maintained as sister websites linking-to-each other. OTOH, I think there will probably be large aspects of ROS quality that will be independent of ROS1 vs ROS2 division.  So I am a bit lost on how should we organize ourselves. I am particularly concerned with duplication of work, maintenance effort, and also decreased visibility if we distribute too much.
[/quote]

Yes, from my perspective a single entry point for both, ROS1 and ROS2 would be ideal. There is already divergence of various sources already (ROS1 wiki QA sites, ROSIN quality hub) which we should somehow cross-reference and merge if required.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/quality-guide-for-ros2/3926/6) or reply to this email to respond.