[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo Sync 2018-04-02

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 08:58:16 UTC 2018

We are due for another Indigo sync.

We have 70 new or updated packages.

There are currently 10 regressions: http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_indigo_default.html?q=REGRESSION

6 of them appear to be related to Gradle on Trusty being unable to be downloaded due to updated SSL requirements. It's ticketed at: https://github.com/rosjava/rosjava_messages/issues/29 This is a long standing issue without a resolution so I'm not going to gate the sync on a fix.

There are also 4 regressions specific to Trusty 32bit builds that appears to be a combination of long builds and a recent slowdown of apt operations on the buildfarm. Which is causing 4 packages to repeatedly timeout. @k-okada @wkentaro  FYI I think that the packages consistently timing out are all yours.

It's ticketed here: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/issues/535 Since this is only 4 packages on a less common platform and there's no clear path towards a quick resolution, I'm not planning to hold the sync on this either.

If there are any other known issues please reply here. Otherwise I will plan to sync Indigo in  a little over 24 hours.

rosdistro maintainers please hold new Indigo releases.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2018-04-02/4370/1) or reply to this email to respond.