[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS 2018 Survey

Geoffrey Biggs ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 01:19:37 UTC 2018

I think that the questions about when you usually update to a LTS or non-LTS release are important and relevant, but that they also miss an important aspect: *why* people wait as long as they do (or do not wait). For some people, the desire to update to an LTS release or even a non-LTS release may be held up by the need for a package that is not yet available in that release. I know that the time needed to get MoveIt! into Kinetic held me back on an older release much longer than I wanted to be. It's too late for this survey now but next time I think a question about why people upgrade when they do should be asked to find out how many are actually waiting on a dependency and how many are waiting for some other reason (product development cycle, for example).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2018-survey/4270/10) or reply to this email to respond.